Followers

Monday, August 9, 2010

Different Skin Colors

Good Evening!  Did you recuperate over the weekend or did you need one more day off? We  stayed  home except I went to the pool for a few hours.  5 more days and we will be on Vero Beach!! Yahoo!!  Trinity and Christian, grandchildren will be staying with us for a few days. Then we head up to Orlando to see Olivia and Abby, granddaughters! Yes, you read it right..Abby.  I have two granddaughters named Abbie and Abby! We refer to them as states!! Florida Ab and PA Ab. LOL it's crazy!!

I was asked to make a wedding card for an Afro American Couple. I must admit I really struggle with this one for I just couldn't get it right. I was either too dark, red, yellow.  My problem was not enough area to really blend and I don't like any lines on my skins. The picture doesn't show how pretty this card really is. I love it. The wedding couple is a Karen Doodles Digi! Karen has the cutest images and oodles of doodles!!



Challenges

Supplies:
  • Cryogen White for coloring with Copics
  • Bazzill white
  • Ribbon: Olfry
  • Pearls stash
  • Flowers; Wild Orchards
  • Copics
    • Skin: E13, E25, E27, E29
    • Gown: C01, C00
    • Tuxedo: C03, C01, C00
    • Flowers R29, R 22, R 20, G25, G40
    • Highlight/Shadow; BG000
    • Border Punch: Martha Stewart
Tip of the day: 

Skin Colors: This is a really a personal choice, but thought I would share what I use. On summer images I use E11, E00, E000 and R20 on the cheeks.  If it is a winter image I don't want a summer tan look and use E02, E00 and E000. E0000 and E00 do not blend together and for some reason have a reaction to one another and will streak and get tacky. Afro Americans: E25, E13, E11 or E27, E35, E31 or E29, E27, E25 and E21. You need to play with them to see which one you like the best.

See ya tomorrow!

21 comments:

Courtney said...

This is so pretty!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Penny's. Good Luck!

~Courtney~
PPCC DT

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Beautiful card!! I love the soft colors and yummy texture!!

Lorraine A said...

OH WOW Colleen ,, this is absolutely GORGEOUS ! i am sure the happy couple will just LOVE this :-) the image is beautiful and the colours and all the details are fantastic :-)

thanks for joining us on the PTW :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Lorraine A said...

please consider turning off word verification :-) x

Sharon Keanly said...

Oh wow Colleen, this card turned out absolutely fabulous. What a gorgeous image that is. Sorry I couldn't assist you. Love the embossing, the flowers, everything. An A1 wedding card in my book. Good luck with the challenges.

Michele said...

Such a fabulous card Colleen. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Ayelet {Jenny} said...

Hi Colleen :)
Your card is the kind that takes your breath away! I love it! Great job on the colouring as well:)
Great seeing you on PFOP! Good Luck at the Draw x

Enjoy your holiday! I know ill be needing one soon, my brother in law is moving in with us for a wee bit as he has no where to stay at the moment so looking forward to the last week of Aug here hehe
Have a great time with the Grandkids and love the two states Abbies lol X

BeeBeebabs said...

Gorgeous you did a wonderful job tfs!!!

Jane said...

Oh you know I love this so much!!!!

Rainmac said...

Oh wow this is simply stunning, I love everything about it and your colouring is amazing. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Days Away for our first challenge x

Rainmac said...

Oh wow this is simply stunning, I love everything about it and your colouring is amazing. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Days Away for our first challenge x

Angelwood said...

How absolutely beautiful this is! Stunning! hugs, Angela

Julie said...

WOW! Your card is beautiful! That image is too fun.

Thank you for joining us at CCT!

Julie

Amber said...

Fabulous creation! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Digi Doodle Shop's Best!
Hugs
Amber

Kristel said...

Woww that's a wonderfull card Colleen! Really love it!
Hugs Kristel

Donna said...

A really fabulous card, the lace is gorgeous! Thanks for joining in the fun at Cupcake Craft Challenge this week :) Donna x

JustYolie said...

Wow..this card is gorgeous! :)

Liza said...

Gorgeous work, thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

Liza x

Lisa said...

Wowzer Colleen! I think this is my favorite! It is absolutely beautiful! I really believe you have a future as a professional designer! You ROCK GIRLFRIEND!!
Big Hugs!
Lisa

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOW just Gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge!

Crafting Joanne said...

What a gorgeous wedding card, I love all the textures and the splashes of blue.

Thanks for joining us for our 1st Challenge over at CYDA.

Hugs

Joanne x

Time of day

Kostenlose Uhr fur die Homepage clock for blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...