Followers

Monday, September 27, 2010

Rachel, Little Angel

Happy Monday everyone! I was thinking we are so accustomed to complaining it is Monday and yet that is 1/7 of our lives!! Hmmm do we wish 1/7 of our lives disappeared? Ya, I hear it you ...if it would eliminate Mondays! So how was your weekend? Ours literally stunk! Let me tell ya these stink bugs are something else and the more I read about them the more anxiety I felt. The reason they are multiplying quickly by the 1000's is because in the US they have no predators to keep their number in check. Now Baltimore is complaining bed bugs are on the rise and we only live 30 minutes from the city. I am so over this and I so want to be out of here!

On a more pleasant note let me tell ya about tonight's card. The image is Rachel, Little Angel from the Elisabeth Bell's Digi collection and a real sweetie and you can buy her right here! I wanted to keep my card soft looking and love the way it turned out!  And, while I am talking about Elisabeth Bell....wait until you see the October digi release for it is so so so so.... you will definitely want it! Stay tune for there will be several ways you can win and possible right here on my blog!!

I tried a new product for me tonight and it is Viva Glitter Liner. Let me tell ya this out glitters Stickles by a long shot. Plus it is more of a 3D effect then Stickles and dries fairly quickly and you can buy it at SCACD!

Right now, SCACD is holding an exciting Store Blog Candy! Click HERE to check out the details and to enter. There will be a super fabulous Elisabeth Bell and Victoria Case Mini Release  for SCACD on the 30th! Hop on over to SCACD’s blog for all the details. Trust me you will want to enter this contest by just answering a very simple question!!

Challenges:


Supplies:
  • Cryogen Paper for coloring
  • DP: Basic Grey
  • New Nestability Die
  • Ribbon: Offry
  • Blue Moon Charm:  buy it at SCACD
  • Viva Decor Glitter Liner: Buy it at SCACD
  • Pearls: Prima
  • Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
  • Copics:
    • Hair: E25, E31, E50
    • Green: G02, G00, G000, G0000
    • Skin: E11, E00, E000
    • Pink: RV0000, RV000, RV00
    • Shadowing: BG0000 and Colorless blender pen 
TIP OF THE DAY:  Cutting out images. Did you ever cut out an image and you see the white of the paper right where you cut? If you cut with your scissors angle to the right you will end up with more of a bevel cut then a straight cut. Try it for I really like it much better then those sharp edges from straight cutting.

Thank you so much for taking the time to come and visit me and I hope you have an awesome week!

19 comments:

Kristel said...

This card looks really fabulous! Wonderfull colours and I love the bow!
Hugs Kristel

Monica said...

What a soft card that is - indeed... lovely colours. The image is so cute. The checks look great and thanks for sharing the tip about cutting.

Happy crafting,

Monica

uksharon said...

Beautiful card - love this Elizabeth Bell image.
Thanks for playing at OSAAT challenge this week.
Best wishes, Sharon

Paula said...

AWW Colleen

this is lovely, I like your colour choice
thanks so much for joining in with us this week at OSAAT

Paula xx

laney said...

WOW!! stunning card Colleen
thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week hope to see you next week too
hugs
laney

Crystal said...

This is sooo soooo sweet!

ona_i_ja said...

Your Card is stunning. I love ribbon, and your charn... This is sooo beautiful.
Great Job!!!

Thank you for playing with us at OSAAT this week. Good Luck!

Hugs,
Agnieszka

Cat Spicer a.k.a. Spicey Cat Chick said...

Sorry to hear the battle of the bugs continues. I hadn't heard the bed bug thing - yuck! I've got the eebie jeebies just thinking about it. On to lovelier things, your card rocks! Thanks for the cutting tip, I'll give it a try. I usually try to color the edge with a marker, which then bleeds into the image and making things a tragic mess. Much easier to just change the angle when I trim!

fi's cards and crafts said...

lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Paper sundaes this week.

Fi

Sue said...

Hi ya
aww a gorgeous card, super cute image, fab colouring, lovely papers & embelies, sue,x

Doreen said...

What a beautiful card I love the ribbon and charm.Thanks for sharing this with us at Incy Wincy.xxx

Paula said...

Hi Colleen
I cut the side step card out on my cricut but I do have a template, if you want me to send one to you, drop me an email
Paula xx

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is the most darling image! I love the gorgeous colors too!

Sharon Keanly said...

A beautiful card Colleen... just love the colour combo and that bow is a WOW for me! hugs Sharon

Rebekah said...

What a stunning creation! Thanks so much for joining us at OSAAT thiw wk hugs Rebekah xx Ps I have blog candy at http://berryliciousblog.blogspot.com if you are interested!!

alicaz said...

so cute! great colors and love the ribbon!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Lena Katrine said...

Georgeous creation in lovely colours, beautiful design and details! Thanks for joining us at WOC this time - best of luck!
Hugs, Lena K

PS! Remember to leave us the direct link to your work next time please :)

Padster said...

Fabulous card - thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week xx

Sandi's Samples said...

Colleen, I love this fairy. This is my favorite card.
Hugs
Sandi Hug

Time of day

Kostenlose Uhr fur die Homepage clock for blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...