Followers

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Party!!

Hello from Yuma Arizona!! For everyone new to my blog, I helped my parents move from Pahrump, NV to Yuma, AZ. DH and I arrived late Wednesday night in Las Vegas and stayed at our daughters house. On Thursday, DH, daughter and I drove to Pahrump and finished packing my parents home and loaded everything onto a U-haul truck. Friday, I drove the truck from Pahrump, NV to Yuma, Arizona, which took around 6 hours and Friday night we unloaded half of the truck and finished it on Saturday. Let me tell ya something… my butt was dragging BIG time. I am here for one more week to help them unpack everything.

I hope everyone enjoyed the Halloween blog hop with SSC this past weekend. Wasn't it phenomenal? Lots of prizes were won and that is always awesome!  Thank you to all of my new blog followers and to those who leave awesome comments. It makes my heart sing!!

I made this card before I left home for DT at Party Time Tuesdays! As you know this is one of my all time favorite blogs!! Each week we make a card which has to have a birthday sentiment on it along with the weeks challenge!! This week is anything goes....my favorite kind of challenge!! LOL
I used Elisabeth Bell's rubber stamp "Emma" from the First Edition Sampler made exclusively for SCACD!
 
Also, I want to remind you about the Copic Challenge Corner at SSC! You not only have fun doing the challenges, but each month a random winner will be chosen for either two Copic Markers or Two Variance, Copic refills for completing the months challenges. Also, this month I will give two Copic markers or refills to the person who brings the most new members to the Copic Challenge Corner! Also, for October,  you can do all the challenges by the end of October and you will be elgible for the random drawing!! How cool is that?  And!!! Remember there are free Copic lessons with Lisa Futch with tutorials and PDF's at SSC Copic Classroom

Challenges:
Supplies: I am so sorry but all the info for this card is on my computer at home.

Tip of the day:  Coloring skin:  When I color caucasian skin tones I color by seasons. "what the heck does that mean?"  LOL If my image is a spring or summer image I use E11, E00 and E000. If it is a fall or winter image, I want a lighter skin color so they do not look tan and I use E01, E00 and E000.  You do not want E00 and E0000 touching one another on your paper,  for some odd reason when these two colors mix together they become very tacky on your paper.

Thanks for visiting and a fab day!

25 comments:

scrappyjan said...

Oh COlleen this is adorable!! Glad you got your parents moved.
I use to live in Yuma and my son used to live in Pahrump!! Now just how funny is that????
hugs, Janiel

Kristel said...

Woww Colleen this is really gorgeous dear! Looks amazing!
Hugs Kristel

Nancy said...

This is exquisite, Colleen!! I love the colors, and this image is adorable!! Awesome!!

Monica said...

Heavenly card, Dawn... so detailed. Love those flowers on the right. And the sentiment looks lovely with that basket of flowers on the left. So much hard work there.
And all the best for your parent's unpacking. What a great daughter you are!

xxx Monica

Beebeebabs said...

Cute cute cute tfs!!!

Danni said...

Lovely creation!! So so pretty!! Enjoy your time with your parents...I'm in the state next to where you are...too bad it's not close enough to meet!

gina g said...

Wow this is stunning i love the image the colours really pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious for our challenge this time. luv gina xx

Crystal said...

Totally GORGEOUS I LOVE LOVE the embellies and colors!!! She is soooo sweet and colored sooooo awesome Colleen!

Crystal said...

Totally GORGEOUS I LOVE LOVE the embellies and colors!!! She is soooo sweet and colored sooooo awesome Colleen!

Jeanette said...

Ahhh, this is so sweet, frilly and feminine. Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations

Katie said...

Simply wonderful purple birthday card! Very sweet!

Anna said...

Fantastic card! Love all the flowers, pearls, and colors you used!

Lena Katrine said...

Georgeous creation with beautiful papers and nice details! Thanks for joining us for our WOC challenges :)
Hugs, Lena K

Sandy Ang said...

Love the flower cluster on your pretty card !

Katja said...

Such al lovely image and pretty card! Thanks for joining our challenge at I Did It Creations Challenge Blog!

Greetings,
Katja (IDIC-DT)

Diane Gilbert said...

Ohhhhh this is sooooo sweet! Beautiful card!! LOVE all the embellishments! Thanks for playing along with 'Our Creative Corner' this week!

Crafteezee said...

Beautiful, thanks for joining us at Craftalicious. Hugs Tracy x

Paige said...

beautiful card! Your coloring is fabulous!

Tammy said...

This is such a beautiful card sweetie!! I'll sure be glad when you get home. I'm missing my Colleen fix!! :) Love you girlfriend!!!

Anonymous said...

Bravo, what words..., a brilliant idea

Autumn said...

Adorable! Love the purple and teal and the flower arrangement is fab!Thanks for joining us at Lexi's!
xxAutumn

Sharon Keanly said...

Just love your card... how on earth did I miss this one!!! It is a real beauty and has reminded me that I have this cutie pie as well, which is sadly being neglected... ooh boy! The mojo had better come back quickly. hugs Sharon x

Jane said...

Colleen 'm so sorry I'm behind on your blog I love all of your cards you do such amazing work.

Tracey said...

This is beautiful, I love all the details :)

Hugs
Tracey
x

Emma and Susan said...

Beautiful card. Fab colouring. Thanks for joining us this time at Lexi's Creations.
Love and hugs
Susan and Emma
xxx

Time of day

Kostenlose Uhr fur die Homepage clock for blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...