Followers

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Thank you!

I cannot express what I felt reading the comments you left on Danni's Tribute and the emails..talking about tearing up..... I was crying. I am so glad your hearts were touched for the Silent Rank's and sending soldiers all over the world cards is awesome!!!  Thank you again from the bottom of my heart.

This easy fun card is for Fridays Challenge at Teddys Stampers.  The challenge, of course has to have a teddy bear and this week pertain to Spring! I had a blast making it! Easy to color  with Copics for you don't want you colors blended...you want them to look like fur!! I used a free digital stamp, "Gardening Bear" from ElizabethO Dulemba.  If you have not been to her site you need to go! She has lots of super cute digital stamps for free! When you click on her name scroll down on the very  first page and you will see them and each Tuesday she does a new digital! How awesome is that?

I have lots of good deals for you today! Do you have an over abundance of card stock? I sure do! I wish I knew about paper pads in the very beginning for I would have saved a whole lot of money!! How? I am using DCWV, Mediterranean Cafe paper stack. In this particular pack you get 48 sheets of 12x12 card stock and they match! You can have stripes, flowers, glittery all in the same matching colors. Not all 48 sheets are the same color scheme only about 5 are and then a new color scheme. Joann has them on sell right now for 11.99 and the 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 on sell for 5.99. You can't touch DP for any less. On the 12 x 12 it equals to approx. 13 cents per sheet!! WAhoo!!  

I used Special Moments Brads and the brads are the metal butterflies and centers of the flowers. I couldn't find the exact ones I have for you, but I did find a deal!! An eBay seller has them for sell for $2.25 and the box's contain 46 different brads and only a $1.45 for shipping. You can't beat that deal either! My paper flowers are from my stash and I am using Dew Drops and get this!!! On  Frugral Crafter they explain and have pictures on how you can make your own Dew Drops!   I will  try it soon and let you know how it does! I distress my paper edges with Tim Holtz Distresser on Scrapbooking Warehouse for 4.88. I used TH Distress Ink/marmalade and Joann has them on sell for $3.49 and the reinkers on sell for 2.49.  Lots of deals today!!!


Thank you for looking and have a great day!!

5 comments:

Cherie said...

Hello Colleen, So nice to read your profile. Your card is gorgeous and I love the way you have coloured your bear. Thanks for the link to the digi images will take a look. So pleased you joined in the fun at Teddy Stampers.
Love Cherie

ThePurplePlace said...

WOW! You have been very very busy and finding some great deals! I also am a huge fan of DCWV Stacks and the mat stacks too and who doesn't love a sale a Jo's with a coupon!!

Thanks for sharing all your "Frugal" ideas...I really need to use my "stash" items more and stop spending on so many "new" things, when I have a room full of goodies to craft with!!

Happy Crafting,
Lisa

PS: You can also "subscribe" to Elizabeth's "Freebies" on her blog and that way each "Tuesday" they will arrive in your emails! :)

Ayelet {Jenny} said...

Hey Colleen:-)
Loved your Card, and the way you coloured the stamped image lookes like a painting, love it!
Thanks for all the deals links, I am trying not to shop for scrap this month (making myself laugh when I say that ) Not easy hehe its so addicting isn`t it? X

Sharon said...

Ahhh Colleen, what a lovely card. I am so pleased you've joined our challenge at Teddy Stampers this week and we hope you'll visit regularly. Will check out the link, thanks for that. Good luck with the challenge. Hugs Sharon x

Annie said...

such a fun teddy image on this cheery card! thanks for joining in with us at Teddy Stampers.
hugs, annie x

Time of day

Kostenlose Uhr fur die Homepage clock for blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...