Followers

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sara K and Butterflies

Wow, this is a record for my blog....four cards in two days and I am not done!!  Sending DH to Home Depot for a wheel-barrel so I can start working on the yard. My son-in-law took his WB back last fall :(  and I miss it ...just makes cleaning the yard up so much easier you fill it and take it to the woods out back and dump! I like easy!! We have so much work to do outside and I need to find a big source of energy to paint the shed and front porch railing,  pull weeds, plant flowers, etc. I cleaned all the window a month ago and that was a mistake for they all need wash again due to the pollen. YUCK...hate washing windows!

This sweet card was stamped with  Sara K., "Country Girl" . Gosh, I love Sara K stamps for they are so sweet, endearing and nostalgic which makes me smile just looking at them!  This so reminds me of my great grandfathers and great aunts homes where they had huge gardens, barns and of course chickens! I remember my great grandmother running around the yard trying to catch one. Every time she got near it would flap it's wings and fly in the other direction...too funny! Don't you love the green and orange colors together?  This card was made for two challenges!

!. Simple Scrapping Crafts, card challenge and it is to make your own back ground. Easy peezy!! I took white card stock and embossed it with a Cuttlebug folder. Then I took green and orange colorbox eye cats and lightly went over the raised area's with them. I love doing this for you can make your background paper the exact same colors as you color your image.

2. Colorful Creations, Sketch Card Challenge created by my friend Lisa.
 
My creation!


Don't you just love this card for it is so bright and cheerie? I am very pleased with the way it turned out!

Supplies:

  • Coloring: Copic Markers
  • Sentiment: JustRite Rubber Stamps. I love these stamps and if you never seen them go check them out! "Just a Note" is the set I used on this card. They are 10 sentiments with 10 independent borders for $14.95. I love the products that are sold here.
  • Butterflies: stash
  • Stickles: Orange Peel for $1.99 at The Beary Scrap
  • Ribbon: Stash

8 comments:

ThePurplePlace said...

Woweeeeeeeeeeee! Colleen -- You are ROCKIN' these challenges and doing a fantastic job. I LOVE the whole "orange" theme and think it's a great color, that for some reason I don't use enough. You have NOW inspired me to create and color more with it, because it's wonderful.

ALL of your cards have been amazing and you are better every day! Way to GO!!

Hugs,
Lisa

PS: I have a request for you to think about. Will your PLEASE (pretty please) consider shutting of the "WORD VERIFICATION" for yours comments. I get them wrong every time and then it takes me forever to post my comment! THANK YOU!!! ;)

Unknown said...

Sara this is one fantastic card, the coloring is so wonderful as is the image, love it and the quilling is perfect and wonderful....

Yenni Natalia said...

Sara..thanks for the comment ^_^. nice to know you.
This is such a bright and adorable card. i adore your colouring..i am such a failure everytime use copics T_T. may i know what kind of paper that you normally use for copic?
And wonderful quilling! i gave up this hobbies long time a go as not much supplies sell in Singapore.^_^

Anonymous said...

I like everything about this card. The orange and green butterflies compliment the background as well as colors used on the little girl. Beautiful.

Danni said...

Very sweet card! Love the butterflies! thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Christy said...

This is gorgeous!!! Awesome job!!

ThePurplePlace said...

Great idea with putting your blog address on your FB Page!!

You've been sooo creative lately and all your cards are stunning! :)

Hugs,
Lisa

2amscrapper said...

what amazing work with Copics!

Time of day

Kostenlose Uhr fur die Homepage clock for blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...