I was so excited to do this tutorial until I saw how the pictures on my cards looks. I cannot catch the richness the gold embossing has done and how elegant the cards really are. Since they were commissioned cards I can't rephotograph for they were delivered on Friday. So take my word for it...they are really elegant and simple to make.
My image is a rubber stamp from I believe Hero Arts. The red border says "Joy" and has a snow flake. Dang I hate these pictures! Bare with me...
You will need:
- Ivory Card stock 8 1/2 by 5 1/2
- Red Card stock 5 3/8 x 4 1/8
- Ivory Card stock 5 1/8 x 4
- 4 x 4 red card stock
- 4 x 4 ivory cardtock
- Two Nesties 1/8 difference in size
- Embossing pad
- Gold embossing powder
- heat gun
- Cuttlebug Candy Cane embossing folder
- tape or glue
Sprinkle the embossing powder over the area you stamped and heat with heat gun until you see the embossing powder melt and become raised and shiny.
- Dry emboss your ivory 5 1/8 x 4 card stock with the Cuttlebug Candy Cane folder.
- Fold 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 Ivory card stock in half and press the edge with a bone folder on both sides.
- Layer 5 3/8 x 4 1/8 red card stock and the embossed 5 1/8 x 4 Ivory card stock. I placed a piece of red wire ribbon across the card and secured it between the red and ivory card stock before I adhere them to one another (duh, Like you didn't know that!)
Have a very happy, get her done day! Last weekend before Christmas.....oh my!!