Followers

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

SCACD Go Green

Hello Friends!! I arrived in Arizona this week to visit my parents for two weeks! I have the most awesome parents who have been my best friends forever! Literally forever!! I am very fortunate to have them in my life, my dad will be 88 in May and my mother is 84!  They are VERY independent  and make dang sure you are aware of it!!  My mom was insulted I carried the grocery bad into the house.."I can do that you know" is what I heard!! You gotta love them!  I do miss my hubby and dogs and wish my entire family was not spread out across the USA. It sure makes it hard,Oh well (sigh)...

This week's challenge at SCACD,  Suzanne challenge us to use something recycle on our projects. I was not very creative with this and ended up using old card stock! 

I used "Fresh Pick"  by Carmen Medley in the Reflections 2 series. I just love this image! I colored her with my Copics. I put some "Stardust" Stickles on the flowers she is holding and her hat. My rose is  Prima! 
and Susana has the most prettiest colors of roses. Check them out!! 

Have you been to SCACD store lately? Susana is getting new items in everyday! Lots of pretty 6 x6 paper pads and don't forget to check out the Sew Easy!  Sew Easy is a tool you can use to to do faux or real sewing on your project. It pierces evenly perfect holes into your projects and you can also purchase sew easy yarn in multiple colors to use with it. Awesome tool!!



V04, V01, V000, V0000
BG 02, BG01, BG000, BG0000
Carmen Medlin Fresh Pick Reflections 2 collection

Thank you for being my friend and leaving the awesome comments!! It just makes my day a little bit sunnier!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absoutely beautiful card.

Monica said...

I love the colour combo... And what a sweet image that is. The ribbon and the rose together look so befitting together.

xxx Monica

kaylou said...

Beautiful Colleen, love the teal colour and fabulous detail on your colouring.
Hugs Kaylou xx

Pryn said...

STUNNING card Colleen! WOW...that color combo is just gorgeous!!! Your work is AMAZING!!!

Glad to hear that you arrived in AZ without problem :) I heard you may be getting together with Sandi and Anne while you are there....if so, please give them a giant hug from me and one for your yourself too :)

Love you!!!!

jimlynn said...

Absolutely beautiful!! Love those colors and everything. So pretty.
Hope you have a good time at your parents.
LYnn

Danni said...

Such neat colors! Wow!! Awesome card!

Crystal said...

WOW Colleen this is totally GORGEOUS!! LOVE LOVE your colors, image, and this fantastic layout!! GORGEOUSNESS!

tiggertastic said...

lovely makes on your blog, i enjoyed stopping by today Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

Designing for:
Crafty Purple Frog , Creative Card Crew ,Bearly Mine Designs and Kenny K

Alexandra Lundgren said...

Gorgeous colors Colleen and the way you colored her flowers is amazing!

Glad to hear your parents are healthy and fun. Enjoy every second of your visit!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh this is very vintage and so elegant. I love this! hugs, Angela

Mary J said...

Gorgeous! I love the colours!

Time of day

Kostenlose Uhr fur die Homepage clock for blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...