Followers

Monday, June 27, 2011

Retirement Card

Hello Happy crafter's and a Happy week to ya! Today is a very gloomy day here in Maryland but I can't complain because we had two weeks of sunshine with very little rain. Decides I need to clean and why I am writing my blog post instead! LOL 

I was requested to make another Retirement card for a male who loves to fish! At Mo's Digital Pencil I found this beautiful image called "Fishing!"  how much easier can it get? LOL  When ever I need something specific I go to Mo's for she has a little bit of everything. Also, she has lots of multi-cultural images which I have card orders for! Love her images!

Fishing was colored about 4 times trying to get the sky and water to meet in the horizon. No matter what I tried it just didn't look right. so I did an easy fix! I colored the water immediately next to the boat and chalked my sky. The sky is a little darker in person with pink and purple mixed with it.

  • Copics: Jacket and Hat: E55, E53, E51, E50. Shirt: YG25, YG21. Pants: B95 B93, B91. Pail: C05, C03, C01, C00. Tackle Box: G03, G00, G000, YG01. Boat: E18, E11, E27. E25, E35, E21. 
  • Paper: Colorbok from Walmart!
  • Sentiment Tag: Nestabilites Tag Die. 
  • Sentiment: Stampn' Up mini sentiments.
TIP OF THE DAY:  Digi images! Do you love digi's? They have their pro's and con's. What I do love is it prints out perfect every time so I use less paper for I am not the best stamper in the world!! Any who if you love digi's ...I bet you like them better when they're free! Anne Fenton and Sandi Hugget offer free digi's at The Outlawz Challenge site!  Here is a peak at what Anne posted today!!

The Outlawz awesome sponsor this month is Oozak who is sponsoring a $50.00 gift certificate! How awesome is that? Oozak sells Copics, paper, stamps, crafting supplies and much more!! All you need to do is enter one of the seven weekly challenges within the month of June. It is a random drawing so anyone can win!!  Come on and play with us!!









 Challenges entered: 
Thank you for stopping by!!! Have a great week!

17 comments:

Sue said...

Hi hun
a totally fabulous card, luv this image, awesome colouring, fab papers & design, sue,x

Dom said...

Perfect <3

McCrafty's Cards said...

fabulous card, I like the image and you have coloured it beautifully.
Kevin xx

jimlynn said...

Sensational!!! Perfect image for a retirement card and it's beautiful.
Lynn

Sara I. said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the way you did the sentiment and your coloring is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

You colored it beautifully it gives the feeling of just kicking back in the boat and waiting for the fish to bite. No worries no rushing, fabulous card.

Thank you for stopping by my blog the other day and leaving the blog love, enjoy your evening. Hugs, Lori m

Brenda said...

Love it!! What a great image. Your coloring is beautiful!!! Love this design, love the paper, ribbon, bling!!
Hugs, Bren

Kelly G said...

Colleen, I found your blog on The Outlawz forum "looking for followers". I am now a follower, you can find me at //:httppossibilitiesinpink.blogspot.com
I think you may already be a follower on my blog, not sure. I love your work. You are quite inspiring.

Sharon said...

I love this retirement card g/f. Just too beautiful for words. Your colouring is fabulous. Love the light in the middle of the fisherman's back... just perfect! WOW! hugs Sharon

Anonymous said...

A fab card love your colouring technique on your mo manning image! Thanks for playing at Here Come The Boys Woo x

Debbie said...

Fabulous card and perfect colouring. :)
Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Pad challenge this week. :)

Debbie The Crafty Pad Designs

Roxann said...

Another stunning card! Fabulous coloring, as always!
Hugz,
Roxann

Dawn said...

Lovely card! Perfect for a retirement card! Thanks for playing at The Crafty pad this week!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Teresa said...

Stunning card & great colouring, thanks for joining us at HCTB's challenge.
Teresa xx

Craftdee said...

Great image, beautifully coloured...thanks for joining in at Here Come The Boys this time around, Dee

Sharon Wheet said...

your image is fabulous! the coloring is great! and the message is wonderful! thank you for playing along with us @ OCC

Sharon Wheet said...

your image is fabulous! the coloring is great! and the message is wonderful! thank you for playing along with us @ OCC

Time of day

Kostenlose Uhr fur die Homepage clock for blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...