I have to tell you this story which happened a few weeks ago but it will be with me for a LONG time! My spare bedroom is my craft room too! Abbie, 6 and Andrew 4 are spending the night and I thought they were all tucked in!! I was walking by the room and noticed the light shining from underneath the door and opened it to see what was up. Over 50 + 6 x 6 paper pads are strewn all over the bed and each and every single page is torn out. When I saw the covers with no paper in them...I went numb. Abbie looks up with her beautiful innocent eyes and says "Look grandma, we help you and pulled them all out for you!! Andrew pipes up with "yea, and we didn't tear any of them. Abbie told me to be real careful!!" - "aren't you proud of us?"
I told them I was speechless. If I would have opened my mouth and said anything ...it wouldn't have been nice!!! I very quietly pushed all the papers together into several piles, kissed them goodnight AGAIN and was gently closing the door when I heard Abbie say "Andrew, I don't think grandma was happy we did that!" and out of the mouth of a four year old, Andrew replied "ya think?" LMBO! I had to laugh even though I could strangle them!!
Today my birthday card was made using the Princess image by Sylvia Zet for SCACD Stamps! She is so adorable riding her hobby horse! Did you have one when you were a child? I did and loved riding it! I would watch the TV westerns like Wagon Wheel, Gun Smoke (nothing like giving my age away!) Lone Ranger and Roy Rogers are only naming a few. When the cowboys would take off on their horses I was right behind them on my horsie!
- Paper: Basic Grey: Olivia.
- Scroll dies: Marianne Design Creatables. I love these!
- Flowers: Prima and see the pink one in the middle. The camera does not pick up how pretty this is! It's called Fleurs De Prima and this color is Gillian Raspberry. The are fabric flowers with two shades of paper and dusted with glitter! Very pretty!
- Corners: Shapabilites
- Copics: Hair: E57, E55, E31, E51, Skin: E11, E00, E000. Green Coat: YG97, YG95, YG93, YG91. Dress: R29, R27, R24, R21. Sadle: E 55, E53, E51. Horse: E43, E42, E41, E40. Wood: E59, E57, E35. Reins on horse: YR24, YR23, Y15. Mane: E57, E55, E31, E51.
- Flower Soft: Heather for her headband.
- I used the zig zag stitch on my sewing machine for the border in white thread. Hard to see!
Hope you like her!!
TIP OF THE DAY: Any glitter pen such as American Craft, Sakura/Gelly Roll or Copic Atyou Spica Pens should be stored horizontally. I have ruin several pens by storing them vertically (straight up and down). When they are vertically... the glitter will clump together and form balls. No matter how much you shake them you will not be able to separate the glitter and as they enter the tip of the pen they clog the opening.
Susana at SCACD has a 25% off on all Halloween 6 x 6 paper pads and so much more! The sweetest new holiday Chipboard from Make It Crafty has landed at SCACD!