Followers

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Believe In The Beauty Of Your Dreams

Happy Weekend everyone!!I am so glad today is over with!! It started out my neighbor who is elderly felled and I went  to the ER with her. . She has no family close by and I didn't want her to be alone. She's okay and was only shaken up! Phew!

Thank you for all the nice comments on   "Green Acres!"  it was a lot of fun to do and glad it brought back golden memories for some! Today, I am going in the opposite direction with a sympathy card. I have never made one before, because I was afraid it would look cheesy. Well, I didn't make one, I made two using Gina K's  Nature Stamp Set and following her easy DVD directions. They were easy and I really love the look !  I love no brainers! Don't we all!?  Gina shows different stamping techniques for each card and I had a blast just following along! It taught me to look at design paper in a different way. If you don't have paper that matches your image or project... change it. 

The design paper was changed by stamping  leaves with Rich Cocoa Memento Ink onto the paper. The butterfly was stamped with the same colored and it pulled everything together.


This back ground was stamp with the focal image on the card with the same color ink. The paper before being stamp was plain and now it all ties well together. 


Have a great day everyone!
Challenges:



11 comments:

Crystal said...

BEAUTIFUL Colleen!!!!!

Unknown said...

These are so elegent! Thanks for joining us at 2 sisters =~)

Catherine said...

Your two cards are so beautiful Colleen, the backgrounds look stunning... Love the colours you have chosen... Hope your neighbour is better now... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Monica said...

How sweet of you, Colleen to take your neighbour. These cards are delightful. LOVE the treatment you gave the paper. Excellent!!!

Happy New Year, my friend,

Monica

Gail said...

such soft elegant cards..i love butterflies..and these are perfect for these..tfs..loves ya
www.jackpineridge.blogspot.com

AdoraBella said...

The both of your cards are really beautiful! Love the elegant look. Thanks for joining us at 2 Sisters Challenge blog
Hugs
- Maria

Anonymous said...

Colleen your cards are so pretty, I had to make a sympathy card this week, I always struggle with them.

Hugs, Lori m

Jennifer said...

Happy New Year Colleen!!!! Love your stamping and color choices : ) The butterfly image is just beautiful. I hope to create waaay more now that it's a new year!!!

Maire Gamber said...

The card is just beautiful. I live the idea of stamping on designer paper! Gorgeous!
Hugs,
Marie

Steven Clark said...

Both the cards are too nice, i love both these................. thanks....

Unknown said...

really like these! love the stamping on the background!

Time of day

Kostenlose Uhr fur die Homepage clock for blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...