Followers

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Happy Birthday USA!

Happy Wednesday everyone! Today is another fun day challenge at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge and the theme is Red, White and Blue! I love this combination - not only because it is the USA colors, I love them because they are bright and cheerful  colors together - don't ya think? This super cute image is Engineer by Mo Manning. I chose this image because it reminded me so much of my dad. He worked for The Union Switch and Signal for over 50 years and no one could be more patriotic then my father. So there you have it!  I airbrushed the background with copic markers and I see I need a lot more practice with it. Oh well, it was fun to do and that is all that counts! Don't forget to stop by the challenge and possible be a winner of a $20.00 gift certificate to the store! Everything you ever need for your paper crafting and more can be found at 7 Kids College Fund. 



Tuxido Black Momento Ink to stamp image
Stamped onto white - X-Press It Blending Card 
Colored with Copic Markers
X-press 1/4 inch two way tape

8 comments:

Carla S. said...

Wonderful card, Colleen! I love the patriotic colors and the fun image from Mo. Your coloring is terrific! Hugs!

Penny said...

Colleen, this is a fabulous card! Love your design & cool papers! Love the die cuts & embellies, too! But the star is that image, which you colored perfectly! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Linda Palmer said...

Colleen, I absolutely love this card. I have the image, not colored so far. Bought it for my son who used to work for the railroad. I love your coloring and your beautiful card. I will be casing your design but different colors. Hope it is ok.

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Fabulous card Colleen! Love the patriotic colour scheme and your colouring is fantastic - nice to have a sentimental reason for using an image too :)

Emily Lauritzen said...

I totally agree! Love red, white, and blue together and you definitely made them shine in this card! Love that your father was your inspiration!
<3 Emily L.

Payne Holler Cards said...

Wow wow wow ...ditto on all the comments! Your coloring is absolute perfection! Perfect tribute to your Dad ....

Sandi said...

I love this card and your coloring is awesome!!!

Misti said...

This is amazing!!! WOWZA!!!

Time of day

Kostenlose Uhr fur die Homepage clock for blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...