Followers

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Happy Thursday!

Hello there!!  8 more days until we hit the beaches of Florida!! My DH is a true Floridian and two of our children and their families live in Orlando.  I lived there for five years and I went to Disney twice...no lie!  The first time I was visiting my daughter, Amy who lived in Hilton Head and and I in Michigan at the time.  Hurricane Fran was on her way and they were evacuating the island. So we got in the car and headed south to Orlando! We had very little money for things were sorta tough during this time in my life, and so every morning we would go to those horrible time share programs so we could get free tickets to the parks!! Well, I was never to Disney so that was the first park I picked. Let me tell ya...that daughter of mine wore my butt out that day! Amy is 6 ft and I am 5 ft and trust me most of her height is in her legs and she was on a mission to show me the whole park in one day!! Needless to say...95% of the time I felt like I was running to keep up with her and then my purse was stolen while we watch one of the shows. LOL to make a long story very short....Disney gave 2  no limit meal vouchers at their finest restaurant. We ate like PIGS!!! We chose the most expensive 7 course meal they had. I will never forget how dang sick we were when we walked out of there!! You could not pay me enough to eat as much food as we did that day. It hurts thinking about it!!

 (Tip of the day will be after pictures of my card)


Challenges:


Do you love her like I do? Is this you for it surely is me!! Except kids got replaced with grandchildren! My image is a Sarah K! I love her stamps. If I had to put my favorite stamps in order of which ones I like best...Sarah K would be tied with Elisabeth Bell for the number one position! And of course 7 Kids College Fund is one of my all time craft store! I could spend all day just looking at everything and then it's I want this and I want that and very hard to decide what you want and what you should only get!! KWIM

Supplies:
  • Cryogen White paper... Love, love this paper for coloring with Copics. It has a bit of a tooth to it and so easy to blend your colors with.   It blends faster with less ink and has sparkly specks in it. So pretty!
  • Sarah K image: 
  • Copics:
    • Pink: RV09, RV06, RV04, RV02
    • Skin: E11, E00, E000 R20 for blush
    • Apron: C01, C00
    • Shoes: W3, W01, W00
    • Broom: E49, E47, E44, E42
    • Pockets, Kitty Cat, Bottom Shadow: C03, C01, C00
  • Paper: sorry stack
  • Prima Flower
  • Magic Mesh which is self sticking and you can buy it here at SCACD
TIP OF THE DAY: Another awesome punch.  Deep Edge Doily Lace Trim by  Martha Stewart and I love it. When you want to make a ribbon with regular border punches you punch one side, turn it around and punch the other side. Not with this one!! It does everything for you and you can get at Create For Less. 
I used it on my card today!


 Thank you for your kind comments!


23 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the card and the story, you crack me up, I am going to pee my pants

Anonymous said...

Ohhh i love this card its a stunner. Thanks so much for adding the Dezinaworld link. I am not sure it fits the 'ice maiden' theme but i absolutely adore the card. I am just the same with 7 grandchildren now, my home is often full of little folk lol.and my little dog too who makes just as much mess :)
Hugs June xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Ps, thanks for telling us about the punch, i really love that its a beautiful punch.You can see it on your card its so pretty.
hugs June xxxx

Karen said...

Really lovely Colleen, such a cute image! Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best.
xx

Beebeebabs said...

Tooo cute and thank you for becoming a follower. I was already a follower on your blog. Thanks again

Manuela said...

Great card! ♥

Thanks for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge blog. ^_^

Hugs,
Manuela

Mary Frances said...

Colleen, sorry I haven't been around much! I love your creations and this one is no exception! It is stunning :) Gorgeous layout and coloring. Hugs..

Lisa said...

Hi Colleen! I love this card! It is just darling! As are all your cards! I also love your new watermark!! You are so talented!
Big Hugs!

ThePurplePlace said...

LOL! I can NOT imagine little you, eating all that food...what a fun story -- it made me smile!!

You card is absolutely STUNNING, one of your best, in my opinion!!!

You have encourage me to slow down and really concentrate more on Quality vs. Quantity. Thank you for the MUCH needed inspiration!

Hugs,
Lisa

Stacy Walker said...

Very cute card. Thank you for joining us at the 2 Sisters Challenge.

Unknown said...

Such a lovely card Colleen, I love Karen's digis too! thanks for sharing with us at 2 Sisters Challenge Blog - punches challenge this week. Jo x

mycardz said...

Wow, your card is gorgeous! I love, love, love Sarah Kay images and Elisabeth Bell also! Awesome details you've added too. So glad you could join us for our first challenge at 7KCF! hugz, Mary

Janie Printz said...

Cute story & adorable card ... Love the image which you've colored so well AND the plus is that you also list the colors you've used. That's a big plus for me. I try to do that on my blog posts but at times it's hard to keep track of them all.
Also enjoy your tip of the day.
Janie

2amscrapper said...

way to rock those challenges. I could use your image on my blog today!! hehe back to cleaning....

Katja said...

Great card Colleen! I love that stamp it's so pretty. Thanks for joining in with us on Digi Doodle Shop's Best!

Greetings,
Katja

Judy said...

This is just precious!! Thank you so much for entering this in our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

Hugs
Judy

Sharon said...

What a sweet story Colleen and an even sweeter card. Love Sarah Kay, as you know. A wonderful job my dear friend. Tons of hugs to you, Sharon xx

Monika Reeck said...

Love that MS Puncher always...she has pretty puncher right..love all the pink on your card...and lovely Images too..Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best.Hugs, Monika

Karen Howard said...

Gorgeous card, I love all the yummy details! Thanks for playing along with us at the Digi Doodle Shop's Best! Hope you will join us again next week! Hugs, Karen

P.S. If you love challenges then my new sister blog is purr-fect for you:
www.felineplayful.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Super cute card and that sentiment is just too cool! Thanks for joining us at 7 Kids Challenge this week!

Julie said...

Your card is adorable! I love all the elements.

Thank you for joining our first challenge at 7 Kids College Fund!

Julie

helloholley said...

Wow!!! This card is down right beautiful!!!!! Very shabby chic...and right up my alley!!! ;) an that's exactly how a mom feels....all pulled in so many directions....and all I wanna do is stamp!!! LOL!!! ;)

Annika said...

Wonderful card! Beautiful colouring and layout and I love your sentiment, lol. I can totally agree with that one!!
Thanks for playing at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge Blog, hope to see you back next week!
Hugs
Annika

Time of day

Kostenlose Uhr fur die Homepage clock for blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...