Followers

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Correcting Copic Mistake

Hello dear friends! Is it a good weekend so far? Mine has been okay, not the greatest and surely not the worst! I did go to the pool for awhile and  read more of my book "Blood Games" which is a goodie! Irish Johansen is the author and most of her books are mysteries and really intrigue me.  I love good mysteries to the point  me and my hubby have gone to Mystery Dinners, Mystery Train rides and even a mystery weekends which were lots of fun.We arrived on Friday night at a hotel in PA. The hotel is very old and has kept the decor to the era it was built. It has the old heavy doors to the rooms, Carve stairways, dark beautiful wood and you transfer back in time the moment you enter it.  Shortly after we arrived we were invited to have cocktails with the rest of the guest and while we were socializing, a man runs in with a gun and shoots and killed the guest who we were talking with! YIKES  However, when the police went to the killers room, they found him dead in the the shower with a bullet to his head. Blood is splattered all over the walls, broken shower door that was hanging lopsidedly from the frame and lots of other goodies! Yep, we went and inspected it looking for clues! You spend the rest of the weekend trying to figure out "who dunnit" lots of fun!!

TIP of the day! There are many ways you can correct your mistakes when coloring with Copics. One of course is using the colorless blender. Yet, sometimes it does not remove all the color and this is when I take my white  highlighter pen and carefully go over the spots I couldn't remove the color. I also use it to cover any place where I may have gone out of the lines.  My last resort is to paper piece it. What is paper piecing?  It is when you stamp your image again and cut from it the part you need to cover up your mistakes.  Clear as mud right?? LOL Here is a video by Gina K who really describes and shows  you how to paper piece.  In the video she not only demonstrates how to paper piece, but how you can do it with pattern paper! Much easier to comprehend watching instead of reading about it!

See you tomorrow!

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Morning Colleen... wow... very interesting things that you get up to... sounds like a real Agatha Christie movie to me...lol Thanks for the tip of the day, I didn't even think to use my white pen to remove those tiny errors when the CB doesn't do it. Have a super Sunday. hugs Sharon x

Anonymous said...

Wow thats great advice. I am always making mistakes with my pens.I am just a beginner really lol and have only done one or two cards with pens. I appreciate the help.
thanks for dropping by at my dezinaworld blog. Thanks for your kind words about the digital work.I use the designs on my cards and atc's too.
Hugs June xxxxxx

Harriet H said...

What a great card, I love it and thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best challenge this week.....

Harriet

helloholley said...

Oh my goodness!!! This sounds so fun!!! Maybe when my kids are grown me and my hubby can do that!!! ;)

Jane H said...

Ok lady I thought you were serious for just a minute reading this post! Wow! Glad you had a great time.

Time of day

Kostenlose Uhr fur die Homepage clock for blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...